Vision and Ethos
We aim to ensure that every child leaves Ruskin Infant School and Nursery with a love of learning and are determined to succeed. We want to equip them with confidence, resilience and a passion for respect and equality. These qualities will enable them to thrive and to advocate kindness and fairness in their future lives. Ruskin Infant School and Nursery fosters a nurturing learning environment where well-being is a high priority. Adults and children are valued for themselves and treat each other with mutual kindness, respect and understanding. Good behaviour is recognised and rewarded and underpins all that we want to achieve for our pupils. Our school values an atmosphere that enables staff and pupils to develop individually to their full potential by valuing their strengths and building on them.
Love of Learning, Aspiration, Respect, Responsibility and Independence
Built on the values of ‘Love of Learning, Aspiration, Respect, Responsibility and Independence’, the staff and Governors of Ruskin Infant School and Nursery are committed to ensuring that each and every child is provided with an outstanding start. We will strive to ensure that through the very best innovative and creative learning experiences, children will become life-long, confident learners, who are ready to make a positive contribution to modern society.
To secure this vision for every pupil, we will uphold the following:
- The curriculum of Ruskin Infant School and Nursery will recognise each child as a unique child with individual needs. It will be led by highly skilled teaching staff to meet the needs of all learners, so that every child reaches their full potential. We are committed to providing the very best teaching and learning experiences, which inspire and challenge pupils to demonstrate exceptional outcomes.
- Our rich and varied wider curriculum e.g. regular opportunities for Forest Schools, high quality PE, drama and music, ensures all our pupils have the chance to grow their confidence and develop their aspirations for the future. We celebrate individual achievements and foster a positive attitude to learning and we endeavour to motivate and build self-belief in all our children. Our co-curriculum allows children to discover new interest and develop existing ones. Children are given opportunity in school to celebrate / perform their new skills in assemblies and we also ensure we acknowledge children’s achievements outside of school. The majority of clubs are run by school staff and are of a high quality. The majority of clubs are free of charge to the children and where there is a charge (external sports coaches only), disadvantaged children are able to access their PP funding to cover the costs. We also run lunchtime clubs as some children are not able to stay in school at the end of the day.
- British Values are at the core of Ruskin Infant School and Nursery and is interwoven into every element of life at our school. Our core values are upheld, celebrated and promoted by all stakeholders. As a school, we strive to build strong partnerships with the local community, to ensure that every child has a mutual respect and tolerance of the many different faiths and beliefs within our society. We are committed to providing our pupils with the experiences and understanding, to ensure that they will make a positive contribution to life in Modern Britain.
- The staff and Interim Executive Board are committed to providing a safe, stimulating and positive learning environment, in which all pupils can develop as individuals. We have the highest regard for safeguarding procedures, and actively seek ways to improve the provision at our school, so that it consistently demonstrates the very best practice.
- The contributions of all our pupils and stakeholders are valued; we believe in equality and inclusion. We believe in working collaboratively with families to secure the very best outcomes for all pupils and will strive to ensure this is successful at every opportunity. As part of the local community, we embrace all those individuals and organisations who are supportive of and interested in our school.